CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

POWERFUL VERSE!

In hopes of understanding the written word a little better, I have been reading the Bible from the beginning, page by page, verse by verse. I have struggled through some of the books (I have to be honest) and have even fallen asleep while reading some (ashamed to say). However, I feel I'm grasping things a bit better than I ever have. I've grown up with so many of the stories and when I get to the familiar ones I get so excited! I'm now in the minor prophets section of the Old Testiment (almost in the New Testament - I can't wait!). It is absolutely amazing to me that so many things were written about the Messiah before the Messiah came. I think one of the most amazing one for me was in Micah. He even tells the people that the ruler of all Israel will be from Bethlehem - this was hundreds of years before Jesus was born! I'm in awe of that!

I've found several verses during my nightly readings that have "spoken" to me regarding whatever seems to be going on in my life. This, too, I find amazing. And as we continue to go through the ups and downs of our adoption process, I read a verse in Micah that "grabbed" me and comforted me so very much. That verse is from Micah 7:7. "But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me." I've said all along that God is leading us down this path. I believe that with all of my heart and know He is walking with us. This verse reminded me to be patient, to wait for God. He hears my heart and knows what I'm feeling every minute of every day.

So when I get frustrated at the new developments... I will try to remember these words. God hears me and will get all of us through this. And again, I thank Him for that.

0 comments: