We received this e-mail from our agency last night...
Dear families,
Some of you may have heard the news regarding the PGN today. The Attorney General, Mr. Mario Gordillo had been asked to step down by President Colom, and he had refused to do so. He went to the Constitutional Court and was denied his petition, so that he was forcibly removed from his charge today. In his place, President Colom named former Chief of Police Mr. Portillo Merlos. We have yet to find out what this will mean for everyone waiting in PGN or waiting to be submitted. Some speculate this will mean the newly appointed Attorney General *may* want to revise all the files already approved, either waiting for signature or already signed by Gordillo. He could impose some new policies as well. While we hope this is not the case, we needed to let you know of this new development, as it could have an impact on case's progress. We will monitor the PGN situation and keep you posted.
Welcome to Guatemalan Adoptions!!! Just when you get up in the air about something, your bubble gets slightly dented (not busted yet) and you begin to worry a bit. I'm not sure if or how this will effect us,but will keep you posted. Meanwhile... PRAY PRAY PRAY! Pray for all of the children who are so close to coming home to be with their forever families, pray for the new Attorney General - that he will understand that children come first, and pray that PGN will continue as it has been (or things may improve!) Most of all pray for the children who are still waiting for families to be matched with but, because adoptions have stopped in Guatemala, their future is unclear.
I think the most frustrating part of this is that everything concerning adoptions in Guatemala is so unpredictable. It's difficult to know where you're at during the process and how long each step will actually take! I truly hope that adoptions will begin again in Guatemala. This time, however, I pray that the system in place will be one that is consistent, organized and (of course) quick!
I'm trying not to worry about this latest development. I know that God has led us down this path and that everything will be okay. After all... He never lets me down! :)
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
ATTORNEY GENERAL CHANGE
Posted by Greg and Felicia Huff at 3:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
wow. I'll be praying.
Felicia- I love your faith and I completely agree and am approaching this the same way. It's in His hands now. What dates are you going to Guatemala?? I would love to be there when you finally get to meet him!!
Post a Comment