CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

SUDDEN CALLING

Sudden Calling

Last night I finished the book of Acts and can honestly say this book totally blew me away. I have never read the entire book from beginning to end before (always just a verse here and there). WOW! Was there ever a greater missionary than Paul?!?! I found myself not wanting the book to end! Luke is a great writer, and I think he was even more in awe of Paul than I am! The amazing disciples kept the story of Jesus going! They could have given up (they were ridiculed, put in prisons, put to death -like Stephen), but they didn't. And because of Paul and the others, we are blessed to know our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. PRAISE GOD!

We have a responsibility as Christians to keep His story alive - to bring others to Jesus. AND since I am a person with a complete love for music, one of the best ways (I feel) is through music! (I have been more moved by Christian music at times than even the sermon.) I can honestly be driving in my car and hear a Christian song on the radio and feel so incredibly connected to God that I think my heart will beat right out of my chest - it becomes so full of love for Him.

Last night I had another of these experiences. I was blessed by attending a service last night where a group of four young men by the name of Sudden Calling from Poplar Bluff, Missouri gave an incredible offering. They were remarkably musically talented and sounded amazing. BUT more important - they were filled with His love, and I left our church feeling full of His love. It was beautiful! I'm not the only one who felt it. Greg and others are still talking about them today. It was one of those moments you wished you could have shared with everyone you care about and love, as well as all of those you know who are struggling with their faith. It was INCREDIBLE! Thank you, Sudden Calling! (Mark, Eric, Jesse and Zach)

The boys attended our church this morning and our "Dogs with Dads" picnic following the service. They were extremely polite young men and we were blessed to worship with them. They are wonderful young missionaries and blessed our services last night and this morning! I pray they will keep using their God given talents to continue His work! If you would be interested in learning more about this young band or perhaps even contacting them to bring His love to your church, their website is http://www.myspace.com/suddencalling07. I promise -you WILL be moved!Eric in the Dunking Machine!
No new updates on Otoniel (heavy sigh), but I truly feel we're going to hear something soon. It's so hard to be patient but I know God is working on this. I really need not worry. When He's ready,we will have our beautiful boy home!

Below are more pictures of my time with Otoniel in Guatemala. I've thrown in a few other pics as well!


Otoniel giving Erick a ride!

Otoniel and his new shoes! They light up! It's a birthday party! The pizza was great!
What a handsome 4-year old!Otoniel and his Mickey Mice!
Opening presents! What fun!
Keegan with his Guatemalan Flag for "Gotcha Day!" Keeley and Grandma watching Keegan's T-ball game!
Keeley having fun at the church picnic!

1 comments:

Hannah said...

What a beautiful family you have. I hope you hear something on your son soon. I understand how hard it is to wait.

God Bless,
Hannah