CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

ONE WEEK AWAY!


My Little Otoniel:

I am officially one week away from meeting you for the very first time. I am absolutely thrilled. I'm finding it more and more difficult to sleep at night because I am so excited. As I lay awake I wonder what you will say first, if you'll immediately feel comfortable, will you wonder what in the heck is going on, or will you even "like" me (I pray that you do). I'm really quite nervous. I am going to try very hard to contain my excitement because I don't want to frighten you. (We moms can get a little over-the-top sometimes). BUT I can tell you right now that I want to hold you in my arms, kiss your little face and not let you go for a very long time.

My biggest fear about meeting you is leaving you. I hope you understand that we are doing every thing we possibly can be doing right now to get you home and that there is nothing we want more. I hope you understand that even though you are not physically with us, you are deep in our hearts and very much a part of our lives. I hope you understand that I will not want to leave you in Guatemala - that it will be one of the toughest things I've ever had to do. I hope you understand that I will be back for you soon to take you to the place you will be able to forever call home and be with your forever family. I hope you know that God is taking extra special care of you right now through a woman named Brenda (your foster mother) and that Momma and Poppy are very grateful for her. But most of all -I hope you know that we love you and are so happy you are our son.

I am so excited to be spending your 4th birthday with you and promise you with every thing inside of me that we will be together for every one of your birthdays from now on.

You are truly a gift from God, Otoniel, and God has brought us together. Out of all of the parents in the world you could have had.... God chose us. We are so incredibly grateful and are so completely blessed.

I'll see you in one week. Until then, I will be dreaming about you and loving you every minute of every day.

I love you,
Love, Momma

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Felicia, I know you are on pins and needles waiting to have your son in your arms. I am wishing for you safe travel. I know it will be hard to leave when its time. I have you in my prayers for a wonderful time with Otoniel.

Dana

Pat and Lee Anne said...

Okay woman..I posted this before but you are NOT supposed to make a grown man tear up. Wow. This journey has been incredible. You are exactly right...I so wanted God to tell us to be Otoniel's parents but He never gave us the nod in the spirit. It is OBVIOUS why! Otoniel is in the family God wanted him to be in -- there is not doubt about it. By the way, we need to get together soon..whatever is best for you all..before you leave or after you get home. My house is empty and available. Let me know. Pat

dawn said...

Hey, I just had to look at Otoniel's picture again. He is so precious! I can't wait until you get to meet him!
Looking forward to seeing you and your family tomorrow!!

Dawn

Laurie said...

WOW! What a cutie! He is so blessed to have you as his mommy! Hope PGN gets their act together and releases cases in a timely manner!

Laurie
Guatadopt Mod!