CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY, KEEGAN!!!

Today we celebrated "Gotcha Day" for Keegan. It has been 6 ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE years!

I remember getting a phone call from our agency on Friday, June 14, 2002 informing us that we needed to be in Guatemala on Sunday, June 16th (Father's Day). Our new son would be at our hotel on Monday and our embassy appointment was Tuesday. We didn't even know we were out of PGN! It was a total surprise and we couldn't help but think some one had messed up. It was simply too good to be true!

Needless to say we booked our flight immediately, taking the early flight out on Sunday. As we landed in Guatemala City the view was breathtaking and our hearts were pounding. We were actually in the same city as our new son! I fell in love with Guatemala on that day. I was amazed at how beautiful the people were and especially (of course) the children.

On Monday they brought Keegan to our room and we were overcome with emotions. We had waited 9 months to hold this little miracle brought to us by the grace of God. He was so adorable and he was finally ours. The first time I took him in my arms was a feeling somewhat (I'm sure) of what Heaven must feel like. He was perfect! He sat perfectly still, looking up at me and trying to figure me out. He didn't quite smile until after his foster mother and attorney left our room. But when he did - I thought Greg and I were going to do flip-flops! We were beyond happy and still are!

What an incredible blessing you have been, Keegan Eric Pelico Huff! We thank God every day for the miracle of you!

Happy Gotcha Day! We love you!

0 comments: