I know I've posted this picture before, but I just love it! :)
Lately it seems my heart has been rather heavy with worry. Yes, as you know, I worry about Otoniel. However my worry goes even deeper than that. When I begin to think about the children in Guatemala who currently have no permanent home, who (in the future) will have no permanent home, whose fates are undecided at this very moment - I am overwhelmed with pain! I feel as if God is leading me somewhere in the direction of these children. Many times Greg and I have talked about someday opening an orphanage in Guatemala or working in and contributing financially to a Guatemalan orphanage. This has always been discussed as a "when we retire" kind of plan. But there is a need, I feel, now. And yet, we are not in the "when we retire" place. Therefore, I'm not sure what God is trying to tell me or where He's leading me right at the moment. But I do pray each night that God will somehow show me the path I am to take and will make it REALLY clear because I am a very big "second guesser!" Meanwhile, I ask everyone to pray with me for the beautiful children in Guatemala (and all over the world) who are the innocent victims in the world's cruelty. Dear God, please, with everything inside of me, I pray that you will wrap your loving arms around these children. God, give them food, warmth, shelter, and show them love. Let them know, Dear Lord, that there are people all over the world that love them and are praying for them. Protect them, Lord, from the harshness of the life they are living. Lord, I pray above all, that you will give them hope. It is in your precious Son's name I pray. Amen. Thank you all! Yes, folks... if we could adopt them all... we would! :)
Now on a lighter side... Greg and I went to the Third Day concert last night. Keegan and Keeley spent the night with Grandma and Grandpa Bonnie and Jim. The concert was very moving. I love to be in a place where you can see people being moved by the spirit of the Lord and where you feel the spirit moving within you! It was an awesome show and I was glad Greg went with me. We really did enjoy it.
Keegan finally had his first soccer game today! He was awesome - scoring 2 goals and a few assists! I love to watch him play because he really loves to do it! Here's a few pictures. I hope that the weather for next week's game will be a bit warmer. Geez, I'm such a baby when it comes to being out in the cold!
Now on a lighter side... Greg and I went to the Third Day concert last night. Keegan and Keeley spent the night with Grandma and Grandpa Bonnie and Jim. The concert was very moving. I love to be in a place where you can see people being moved by the spirit of the Lord and where you feel the spirit moving within you! It was an awesome show and I was glad Greg went with me. We really did enjoy it.
Keegan finally had his first soccer game today! He was awesome - scoring 2 goals and a few assists! I love to watch him play because he really loves to do it! Here's a few pictures. I hope that the weather for next week's game will be a bit warmer. Geez, I'm such a baby when it comes to being out in the cold!







1 comments:
Great prayer Felicia! You're right, it breaks your heart to see all of the children that need homes. Sounds like Keegan is quite the soccor stud! I think it runs in their Central American DNA!! Sadly, I'm leaving for the airport to go home in 27 minutes. It was great to meet Samuel and obviously to see Lee Anne and Erick. Take care, Pat
Post a Comment