CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 6, 2008

A CARE PACKAGE FOR OTONIEL!


This is a picture of the box our church family has started for Otoniel. They wanted to send him a care package so he will know that he is truly loved by so very many people, not just his new mommy and daddy. I've peeked in the box and he has such awesome things already! There are children's books in Spanish, clothes, playdough, cars, and stuffed animals (as well as surprises!) already! This is such a kind thing for them to do, and Greg and I are so grateful. It is beyond wonderful to be part of such a loving family!

As I've mentioned before, the wait for Otoniel is very difficult! However, at times I'm so focused on "my" wait, that I fail to see anyone else's view. The other night Keegan and I were laying in bed and he said "Momma, I miss Otoniel." (How sweet is that?) I said, "I know, sweetie. I miss him too." He responded with "I really want him home. How can we make him come home faster?" I said "the only thing I know to do is pray." He replied "let's pray then."

So he took my left hand in his hand while Keeley grabbed my right hand. I began to pray out loud that God would bring Keegan's new brother home soon. I told God how we love him so much and really want him to be with us. I prayed and prayed. Keegan repeated every word I spoke and held my hand so tightly that I know he was praying with every bit of his heart.

When I ended the prayer, Keegan began to cry (actually he was sobbing). He said "Momma, I just love him so much and want him home so bad." This broke my heart! I hadn't even thought about Keegan hurting. Keegan is going to be the best big brother to Otoniel! He already loves him so much! It's amazing how a child can bond with another child - one who lives in another country, speaks another language, and who he has never seen or played with. Incredible!

Yesterday we heard from our agency that Otoniel's HIV testing has been done (as well as his birth mother's). Otoniel's file was submitted to the US Embassy which is good news. Unfortunately, the Embassy rejected one of the certifications from the municipality where he was born. The reason for this is that he was deliverd by a midwife instead of a doctor from a registered facility. The certification that was rejected has to be in a different format and our attorney is currently working on getting this from the municipality. Once that is done, we will be resubmitted and DNA will be scheduled. This is a little disappointing, but I will have to say it's nice to know that things are actually moving. Some times -when you're so far away from things -it seems like you're sitting forever still.

I've been a bit concerned because the city where Otoniel was born is quite a distance from Guatemala City. I feared that his birth mother may still reside there and may be difficult to locate (she is needed for DNA testing and interviews). I expressed this concern to Lymaris, our agency director, and she relieved my fears. She said she is not concerned because his birth mother has been in the city for a while. This made me feel SO much better.

Today Lymaris asked if we would like to do a video conference with Otoniel! Oh my goodness!!! Can you believe this?!? We will actually get to speak with and SEE OUR PRECIOUS BOY! God is truly good!!! Yes, the wait is difficult, but HE always takes care of us. I am so grateful to Him for all He has done and continues to do. So, Monday at 6:00 p.m. (if plans work out) we will speak with our little boy for the very first time! I can't wait for Keegan to see his little brother "live" on the computer! Thank you GOD for this opportunity and for our agency who is helping us with this dream-come-true!

Of course I can't resist adding pictures of Keegan and Keeley (since I haven't posted in a while).



Keegan "absorbed" in a movie!

Princess Keeley

1 comments:

Pat and Lee Anne said...

How exciting about the video call! Take your time and come over whenever. I'll email or call you with directions for Monday. Have a great weekend! Pat