We actually spoke with Otoniel tonight! It was the most incredible phone conversation of my life! We could see his face as well, although the video ended up freezing after a few minutes. That was okay. Just seeing his little face on the screen while we were hearing his voice was incredible!
When you hear a child call you Mommy for the first time, well... there's no feeling like it. Even as I type this, I can't find the words to describe this. When he would see my face on the screen he would say "Mommy" and when he saw Greg's face on the screen he would say "Poppy!" Several times during our conversation he said "I love you, Mommy!" or "I love you, Poppy!" It was like hearing the most beautiful song in the world being sung by a choir of Angels! Our hearts melted! Our son is incredible!
We found out several things... He likes fire engines (and of course he is going to get one!), his favorite color is red, he can say English words ( like "thank you", "I love you", "hi"), he's very active, he likes to play soccer, he likes to watch "Hi5" (a show on TV in Guatemala which is for kids and they sing and dance), and he likes McDonalds! He sang us a song about Jesus, he pointed to our house on his computer screen and said "That is my house!", he wants to play marbles and cars with Keegan, and he thought Keeley's blankie was pretty.
Keeley sang him a song and she and Keegan took turns saying "Hola, Otoniel". Keegan loved to hear him say his (Keegan's) name and chuckled when he kept saying "Hi, KEEGAN" in the microphone.
It was a wonderful night! We are so grateful to Lymaris, Marie and Carmen for working with us on this and are eternally grateful to Brenda (his foster mother) who is taking such wonderful care of our son. She said the most incredible thing to me during our conversation... don't shy away from calling about your baby! I wanted to hug her!
I spoke with Dawn for awhile tonight because I had to share this with someone who understands completely. We both (after another long conversation - Sorry Dawn - sometimes I just can't shush) agreed that God definitely has His hand in all of this and is with us (actually guiding us) down this path.
Greg and I thank God for blessing us with yet another of His miracles who we hope to bring home soon! He is truly good and we are very grateful.
Monday, March 10, 2008
SPEAKING WITH OTONIEL!!!
Posted by Greg and Felicia Huff at 11:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Yea!!!! I have the biggest goosebumps! What a blessing. I can't wait to hear more about it... I bet it will be hard for you to focus at work today :)
I am still excited today thinking of your evening! What a blessing to get to see Otoniel's personality. He is precious!!
Felicia, we make quite a pair as I do not know how to stop talking, either. I truly enjoyed our time last night! My Bible study class didn't suffer too bad,... God is extremely gracious! I am so thankful for your friendship!
Wow. God I am humbled at how much you bless us in ways we never would have chosen(if we had it our way). It sounds like you had a wonderful conversation. Of course Otoniel has a very special place in our heart. I had an anxiety attack over the kid for crying out loud. And God answered our hearts that we weren't his family and that it was someone else. Otoniel is a very blessed little boy to be in your family! A perfect fit!
I had goosebumps, too! I'm so excited for him to be home with Keegan and Keeley and his mommy and poppy!
Lee Anne
Post a Comment