CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 9, 2008

GUATAMERINESE

Yes, that's right... Guatamerinese! (Pronounced as "Guat" like in GUATemala, "ameri" as in AMERIcan, and "nese" as in ChiNESE) That is what we at the Huff's house are calling ourselves during the Olympics. Why? We are obviously supporting the USA team, but we are also supporting the teams of China and Guatemala! So, out of all of the nations in the world - that is our big 3 and that makes us Guatamerinese!

Last night during the opening ceremonies I was in tears. The ceremony was unbelievable! I hope you were able to watch as well. It is so hard for me to believe I've actually been to Beijing! During the Parade of Nations we cheered as Guatemala (first of our 3 teams to enter the stadium) then USA and last China entered. We take great pride in our countries! :)

I love the OLYMPICS!!! For a short time we come together in peace and are somewhat united in one love. Why can't it be like this everyday?



0 comments: