Ever feel like you're a time bomb ready to go off at any moment? It is 2:00 in the morning and I (once again) cannot sleep because I'm thinking about the most precious little 4 year old boy in the world and wondering why I can't get an answer regarding our case! I feel so angry at times it feels as if I'm about to explode! I feel like I need to yell at someone, I struggle to understand what is taking so long, and I'm trying to understand why I haven't heard anything.
I continue to pray.
I remain confident that this path is what God has chosen for us and am trying VERY hard to be patient for His timing (although it is very hard at times).
AND I hope...
"Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD." Psalm 1:24
Even at times when I get very low because of lack of communication and NOT hearing ANYTHING, I try to remain hopeful because my faith is in the Lord.
AND I offer thanks...
"give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" 1 Thessalonians 5:18
AND I pray for strength...
"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13
I remain thankful to God for the path we have chosen, for the son who is ours (even though he is not with us) and for the future that will bring us together forever.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
TIME BOMB!
Posted by Greg and Felicia Huff at 2:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I am praying for you! We just got our update so I am sure yours is right around the corner!
But I understand the "TIME BOMB"!!!! That explains me perfectly!!!
Felicia- When is Greg going to be in Guatemala? I will be there the 9/26-10/05. If it's the same time we'll have to try and hook up. Looks like you had a great time on the camping trip. Be patient with RENAP, it could be 5-6 weeks. I don't mean to sound pessimistic, I just say that so you're not heartbroken if it's longer. For me, it helps immensely if I anticipate LATER than sooner. Then I won't get as frustrated. Trust me, I still do often, but when I think longer than sooner it really helps. I know this may not help, but I try to think of crazy "positives" in the situation....for example, in Otoniel's case I might think, "well, he's DAILY gaining a stronger hold on his native tongue so that when he comes to the states, we can maybe keep it going with a babysitter, friends, etc. that speak Spanish(ie, the Embrey girls)". In Erick and Lee Anne's case I think, "well, if Lee Anne would have come home sooner, she would not have met Rolando(a man who needed a friend that could bring him some clothing)". I have to trust that there is a reason why they are still there. I know He will reveal that to us in time and that He will be glorified for it. I just know it. Hang in there. I love your faith. He smiles on you. Call if you need to vent! Pat
Post a Comment