CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

ASSISTANCE...

Well, we still had not heard anything from ANYONE as of the end of last week, so I hired someone in Guatemala who is trying to get Otoniel's new birth certificate for us, as well as provide assistance from here on out. It was a bit of an expense, so now Greg will not be going to Guatemala to visit Otoniel in October. We discussed and discussed this before doing so and both decided that it would be better to get him home than possibly confuse him more with a visit. After I had hired the "assistant" I did receive contact from my agency. It seems that our attorney had attempted 2 times to obtain a new birth certificate, but it has still not been done. IT IS GOING ON 3 WEEKS AND STILL WE HAVE NOTHING! I have serious doubts that anyone has actually gone to the municipality as it is quite a distance from Guatemala City, but will give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

Meanwhile, our "assistant" tried to get the information from our attorney to get the deed done this week. He refused to give her anything because he did not know anything about her (unfortunately my agency was unable to get in contact with him before the assistant did). Now my agency is trying to obtain it for her. I have told my agency director that if this is not done IMMEDIATELY, I will be making a trip to Guatemala myself to work with our "assistant" to get this done - meaning I will go to our attorney's office, to the municipality and to PGN if needed and I will stay long enough to get it done!!! I'm tired of all of this "NOT KNOWING" and am not going to be nice about it anymore!!! :)

I prayed to God for help the other night and received the "assistant's" name from Emily the next day. She (assistant) has been absolutely wonderful so far! She keeps in constant contact with me and this gives me the peace of mind I need right now!!! She said she would go with me wherever I need to go if I have to make the trip! (I don't think I'll actually need to - or at least I'm praying it will be unnecessary). However, I feel that this hold up is completely something we have control of and that the attorney should have had it done by now. I will be a pain in the BUTT until it gets done! :)

Please pray for success this week for my boy!

Thank you Emily - I absolutely LOVE her!!! :) AND thank you God for Emily! :)

Felicia

4 comments:

Katie said...

You are you child's best advocate! That's why he's yours....

The Heinrichs said...

You go girl! I hope your assistant can get this all wrapped up ASAP!!! Praying for you! Deanna

Armstrong's said...

She's amazing, isn't she? Glad you got in touch with her and that she is helping you out. Happy Guatemalan Independence Day! The fireworks have been going strong here all night! Praying for you :)
Emily

dawn said...

Praying that she will get everything finished!! I admire your courage and willingness to put Otoniel's needs before yours. Otoniel needs to be home!
Dawn