CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A SNOW DAY!

LOOK AT ALL OF OUR LANTERNS! THE KIDS WERE VERY BUSY! WHAT A FUN DAY!
NOT QUITE TALL ENOUGH YET! :) TA DA!


We had a snow day today (although we didn't get near the amount they were indicating during my last post). It was a bit cold and we really didn't get enough snow to do any major sledding, so we opted to make lanterns for Chinese New Year decorations instead. Chinese New Year actually begins tomorrow (YEAR OF THE RAT) and the Lantern Festival is February 21st. We'll be celebrating the New Year on Sunday with Chinese Food (which is my absolute favorite!) and Grandma Bonnie & Grandpa Jim.

I'm not sure if anyone has been following the weather in China right now, but they have been hit very hard with ice and snow. Several of the orphanages are without heat and electricity. (Although the orphanage that fostered Keeley is not on the below list, the storm did hit the Hunan province where she is from). If you would like to read more about this or possibly donate, please Click Here.
We heard from our agency today that the old committee for the Central Authority appointed by the last president has officially quit. This means the officials appointed by President Colom (New President) are now the official Central Authority. Of course this could all change tomorrow, but right now this sounds very positive. This could mean that funds may actually be disbursed and cases might actually begin to move again. Dare I hope???

Here's a link to an article that I found on Guatadopt. It is a very good article written by John Stossel. http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/JohnStossel/2008/02/06/usa_makes_adoption_harder. I feel so horrible for the future of the now waiting and future waiting children of Guatemala. If we hit the lottery, we're moving to Guatemala and opening an orphanage!!!

We should receive updated pictures of Otoniel soon. I can't wait. Of course we'll post when we get them!

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR EVERYONE! I pray the Year of the Rat will be especially good to those waiting to bring their children home! And for all of you, please pray (as I will continue to do so) for the children in Guatemala and the children in China (especially those who are without warmth and electricity).

1 comments:

Pat and Lee Anne said...

OK, I'll try this again. I tried posting before we left and for some reason it didn't work. Your blog is awesome...puts ours to shame! You could teach me a thing or two! The kids pics are awesome! It was cool to see Julie(who met Otoniel)commented on the 171-H day. She fell in love with Otoniel at first glance!