Christmas was wonderful this year. Knowing we would be with our new son soon made it near perfect. Greg and I both had the stomach flu (I had it on Christmas Day and Greg the day after). We could have both done without that. David was home and it was wonderful seeing him! I spoke with him tonight only to find out he now has the stomach flu! The gift that keeps on giving! :)
New Year's Eve was spent with Bonnie and Jim. We bought sparkling grape juice to bring the New Year in right (of course we celebrated 2009 at about 10:30). Keeley kept asking when we were going to drink the "shiny grape juice!"
It's hard to believe we will have our son home in a little over a week. It is almost as if I am dreaming! I truly don't think it has sunk in! When I think of this new year and the fact we will actually be starting it with our new son I smile - knowing it will be one of the best years ever!
Keegan and Keeley are very excited. Greg is beyond excited! I can't wait to see how they all react to each other! :) God has been very good to us and we have so much to be thankful for.
Please pray for those of our friends who still have children in Guatemala. Pray they will all be home soon. I can't wait to see all of the kids together once they are all home!
Otoniel...
It's almost time and you will be home with us for good. This was the last Christmas we will be separated. You will be home for my birthday and all of your family's birthdays! We will celebrate every holiday in 2009 with you this year (with the exception of New Year's Day). I can't wait to see your reaction when you see your room for the first time and when you meet all of your family. I'm looking forward to our lives together more than you could ever know. We've waited a long time for you and that wait is almost over. You are such a blessing, Sweet Boy, and I thank God each and every day for the journey that has led us to you. WE LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH!
Thank you, God!
Here are a few pictures from the holidays... NEXT YEAR OTONIEL WILL BE IN THEM!!! HOW WONDERFUL!
Keegan sprinkling "reindeer food" on the ground on Christmas Eve.Christmas Morning...
Christmas Day at Grandma Bonnie's and Grandpa Jim's
Not sure what Keeley is thinking but probably something about how she is going to watch the movie more times than Keegan, even though the movie is actually his! :)
This must have been a very powerful show David was watching!
This is the gift Keegan wanted more than anything!
Happy New Year!!!
Friday, January 2, 2009
A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR...
Posted by Greg and Felicia Huff at 6:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
fun, fun, fun! i will try to call you today to get info on when you will be coming home with Otoniel! YEAH! I cannot imagine your excitement! Tara
Post a Comment