CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

ADOPTIONS ARE HELD UP!

This is definitely not what we want to happen. Unfortunately with Guatemalan adoptions... it's an up and down roller coaster until you have your child home. We've been told that PGN is going to "hold" adoptions for at least one month. This means cases will not exit PGN for a bit. (As you may know... this is our next stop). We've also been informed that birth mothers will be interviewed again during PGN (they are interviewed prior to PGN). This is a violation of the law that passed stating "grandfathered" cases will be processed as they have been in the past.

I'm not at all against birth mothers being interviewed again if the case is questionable (most everyone has heard about some of the corrupt people in Guatemala and children being stolen). It makes me a little stressed that they are possibly going to do this to EVERY case! Additionally, we've also heard from our agency that the interviewing done in PGN is more of a case of harassment than an interview. This is wrong and it is very disturbing.

Meanwhile 2000 + children continue to be kept from the loving homes and families that wait for them. This is what breaks my heart! And what can we do? Sure, we can contact our government... BUT the fact is that this is the Guatemalan part of the adoption - not the US.

HOWEVER, I just happen to know someone who has a LOT of power in EVERY country and am asking all of you to help me contact Him regarding this situation. God WILL take care of this. I KNOW IT! And I ask all of you to please pray for these beautiful children who need to come home!

Meanwhile, I go back to scripture... when the disciples were in the terrible storm and afraid (yes, I feel like we're going through somewhat of a "storm") when they asked Jesus to save them. His reply was "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" - he then calmed the storm. I truly believe that HE will calm this "storm" and I am truly trying not to be so afraid.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The news today has been very unsettling. I have had difficulty this evening focusing on anything but the precious children in Guatemala that are waiting to be with their families. Thank you for sharing your encouraging words and sharing your scripture verse on your blog. It has strengthen me tonight. Please know that our prayers will continue for the safe and speedy arrival of all our "Blue Springs babies"!
Kyle Beyer (Emily's mom)