May was a wonderful month at the Huff's house! I was able to spend my first Mother's Day with Otoniel. The kids each made me beautiful cards that I will cherish forever. I received a beautiful book that Bonnie made for me. It was a great day. Of course Otoniel thought it was my birthday. He's such a hoot. He also celebrated his first Memorial Day with the family. Mike and Sherry came up with the girls and we had a cook out at Bonnie and Jim's. FUN!
Not only is May the birth month of our two beautiful daughters (see the below post). It is also the month Greg and I were married. Tomorrow, May 31st, will be our 13th wedding anniversary. Happy Anniversary, Sweetie. :)
Otoniel has now been with us for 4 months, soon to be 5. Thursday was his last day of school at his special school and they had a graduation ceremony for all of the "graduates." Friday was the graduate ceremony at Montessori School and he enjoyed another graduation. I also took in birthday treats for his classmates at his school on Wednesday. It was a very good week for him! This kid loves school. :)
Otoniel wasn't the only one to graduate. Keegan had his Kindergarten graduation as well. Danielle will graduate from high school on Thursday, June 4th. I can't wait to watch her get her diploma! It will be wonderful. :)
Last night Bonnie and I took the kids out to dinner (McDonalds) and a movie (we saw "UP"). It was the first time Otoniel has been to a theater. He loved the "Big TV" and kept commenting about it. I get the greatest joy out of watching his reactions to new things. I wish I could put it into words, but there are just no words out there to do so.
Keegan, Keeley and Otoniel are bonding more and more every day. They are exactly like every other sibling group out there. They play, fight, play, fight, play, eat, play, fight, etc... Occasionally they'll surprise me and share with each other! Wow!!! That makes my evening so wonderful!
I know I've said it before, but it's just so hard to believe he's only been with us for such a short time. He's such an amazing little guy and we are truly two of the most blessed people in the world to have him (as well as our other children) as a part of our family. :)
Next Friday is my last day of work for awhile. I'm really looking forward to this and having some summer fun with my kiddos! We're leaving for Myrtle Beach on June 13th. I can't wait! Neither can the kids. They can't stop talking about the beach. :) We're going camping over the 4th of July weekend. It will be interesting to see how well Otoniel likes this. If he's anything like Keegan, camping will be the best!
June 14th will be Otoniel's 5th birthday. I can't beleive that it was almost 1 year ago when I visited him for his birthday in Guatemala. I remember the pain in my heart as I said goodbye, but must say it has been replaced by the incredible joy now in my heart knowing I will never have to leave him again.
Someone asked me the other day if I thought we would adopt again. The answer (and I'm almost 99.9% sure of this) is "No". We've been blessed by the adoption process 3 times now and "3" has always been a good number for me. :) I would, however, recommend it to any out there who are considering starting a family. There's no feeling like it in the world. I truly believe that every child is a miracle of God. However when you stop to think about it, adoption is God bringing together a child and a waiting parent or parents (sometimes from different ends of the earth) making them a forever family. The miracles just don't stop! :) Makes me warm and fuzzy all over! :)
And here's a few things to bring a smile to your face... a few quotes from my children this month...
From Keegan...
"Mrs. Diehl... can you tell me if any of these snacks are heavy? My mom says that I shouldn't eat anything heavy when I'm hot."
From Otoniel...
"I'll have it!" (he says this if anyone at the table say they no longer want the rest of their food!)
From Keeley...
"I like to brush my hair. It makes me feel pretty."
And from David (when talking about coming up over MEMORIAL Day)...
"Mom, I have to work on Monday, so I won't be able to come up until next week. How fitting is that, I have to 'Labor' on 'Labor Day'" (remember it was Memorial Day - not Labor Day).
And a few pictures...
Otoniel receiving his certificate from Montessorri School. Keeley and all her beauty! :)
Otoniel showing off his pictures from his school.
Keegan at his Kindergarten graduation.
Saturday, May 30, 2009
MAY REFLECTIONS...
Posted by Greg and Felicia Huff at 8:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Wow! What a summer to look forward to! The beach sounds great! Amazing how much has changed one year after you first met Otoniel! Let's try to get together before you leave!
Dawn
Post a Comment