Things are getting pretty normal here now. I've started work again and Otoniel has started school full time with Keeley. He's been doing pretty good and seems to like it a lot. The only days he wasn't happy about going was when Keeley was sick and did not go. He had a hard time staying there without her.
We've all been battling colds and coughs. It will be nice when cold and flu season is over with. I'm looking forward to warmer weather (a nice Spring would be good) and days at the park. Although we did manage a few days at the park while we were off. We even managed lunch outside on a cold day. It was fun!



We had a great Valentine's day (Otoniel thought it was his birthday because he received a present - too cute) and I had a fabulous birthday. My birthday dinner was fabulous (as all dinners cooked by Bonnie are). Otoniel gets very excited when it's someone's birthday. The kids helped blow out my candles.



We took the boys bowling while Keeley stayed with Grandma and Grandpa to make cupcakes one day. Keegan loves to bowl and is pretty good at it. It turns out that Otoniel loves it as well. He was fun to watch because he would drop the ball and immediately turn and run back to us. We all had a good laugh.



I'm slowly getting used to the new "noise" level at the house. It's now getting easier to relax with the extra "bangs" and "crashes" around. I had one day while I was off when Otoniel went to school for a couple of hours and I was alone at the house. It scared me so bad that I made a trip to Keegan's school for comfort! :) YES, I'll admit it... I'm a mess! :)
Otoniel has not had any emotional melt downs at all. I really think that having Keegan and Keeley has helped his transition so very much. He's become a very loving little boy (even more so than he already was). There's been a few nights where he comes in to our bedroom and climbs up on the bed with me and lets me cuddle him. That's got to be one of the best feelings in the world! He gives VERY tight hugs, looks you right in the eye and says "I love you", and loves to sing songs. He worried over Keeley when she was sick - checking her forehead for a fever more than once. He greets Keegan when he gets off the bus with a "tackle" hug and kiss. He's always more than happy to see me or Greg when we pick him up at school and greets us with the "tackle" hug as well. We call it the tackle hug because you have to brace yourself when he comes running at you. If you're not properly braced - you'd be tackled!
Otoniel has learned to tattle on the others (they're all pretty good at this one). He's also a little stinker! BUT he responds very well to time out and I'm thrilled for that. The kids argue quite a bit (URGHHHHH!) and he knows how to push Keegan and Keeley's buttons. Of course they know how to push his as well. It's kind of cute (in a twisted sort of way) to listen to them argue. Keegan (or Keeley) argue in English while Otoniel argues in Spanish. HOWEVER, neither side has any trouble understanding what the other is saying!!! Keegan and Otoniel wrestle a LOT, and it almost always ends up in someone getting mad and hitting the other. Can someone please tell me why boys have to wrestle??? Keeley and Keegan never did this. Keeley and Otoniel do not do this. BUT there's usually a daily match here between the Huff boys! A friend said that they will still do this even when they are older. BOY, am I looking forward to that. :)
It truly seems as if Otoniel has always been a part of our family. I can't imagine ever not having him. He's such an amazing little guy. He's going to be my "class clown". I know this as well as I know my own name! :) That's part of his charm. He loves to make people laugh and has brought a new level of happiness (and noise) to our house.
WE love this new normal at the Huff's house. It's pretty "AWESOME!" as Keegan would say... or "AWESIIIIM" as Keeley would say... or "AWESAW" as Otoniel would say.
God has truly blessed us and we are so grateful to Him for our blessings.
We continue to pray for Caterin Embrey as well as another little girl named Nadelyn who are still in Guatemala. Please pray that they will soon be home. Please continue to pray for all of those children who still remain in Guatemala waiting to come home to their forever families.
We've all been battling colds and coughs. It will be nice when cold and flu season is over with. I'm looking forward to warmer weather (a nice Spring would be good) and days at the park. Although we did manage a few days at the park while we were off. We even managed lunch outside on a cold day. It was fun!
We had a great Valentine's day (Otoniel thought it was his birthday because he received a present - too cute) and I had a fabulous birthday. My birthday dinner was fabulous (as all dinners cooked by Bonnie are). Otoniel gets very excited when it's someone's birthday. The kids helped blow out my candles.
We took the boys bowling while Keeley stayed with Grandma and Grandpa to make cupcakes one day. Keegan loves to bowl and is pretty good at it. It turns out that Otoniel loves it as well. He was fun to watch because he would drop the ball and immediately turn and run back to us. We all had a good laugh.
I'm slowly getting used to the new "noise" level at the house. It's now getting easier to relax with the extra "bangs" and "crashes" around. I had one day while I was off when Otoniel went to school for a couple of hours and I was alone at the house. It scared me so bad that I made a trip to Keegan's school for comfort! :) YES, I'll admit it... I'm a mess! :)
Otoniel has not had any emotional melt downs at all. I really think that having Keegan and Keeley has helped his transition so very much. He's become a very loving little boy (even more so than he already was). There's been a few nights where he comes in to our bedroom and climbs up on the bed with me and lets me cuddle him. That's got to be one of the best feelings in the world! He gives VERY tight hugs, looks you right in the eye and says "I love you", and loves to sing songs. He worried over Keeley when she was sick - checking her forehead for a fever more than once. He greets Keegan when he gets off the bus with a "tackle" hug and kiss. He's always more than happy to see me or Greg when we pick him up at school and greets us with the "tackle" hug as well. We call it the tackle hug because you have to brace yourself when he comes running at you. If you're not properly braced - you'd be tackled!
Otoniel has learned to tattle on the others (they're all pretty good at this one). He's also a little stinker! BUT he responds very well to time out and I'm thrilled for that. The kids argue quite a bit (URGHHHHH!) and he knows how to push Keegan and Keeley's buttons. Of course they know how to push his as well. It's kind of cute (in a twisted sort of way) to listen to them argue. Keegan (or Keeley) argue in English while Otoniel argues in Spanish. HOWEVER, neither side has any trouble understanding what the other is saying!!! Keegan and Otoniel wrestle a LOT, and it almost always ends up in someone getting mad and hitting the other. Can someone please tell me why boys have to wrestle??? Keeley and Keegan never did this. Keeley and Otoniel do not do this. BUT there's usually a daily match here between the Huff boys! A friend said that they will still do this even when they are older. BOY, am I looking forward to that. :)
It truly seems as if Otoniel has always been a part of our family. I can't imagine ever not having him. He's such an amazing little guy. He's going to be my "class clown". I know this as well as I know my own name! :) That's part of his charm. He loves to make people laugh and has brought a new level of happiness (and noise) to our house.
WE love this new normal at the Huff's house. It's pretty "AWESOME!" as Keegan would say... or "AWESIIIIM" as Keeley would say... or "AWESAW" as Otoniel would say.
God has truly blessed us and we are so grateful to Him for our blessings.
We continue to pray for Caterin Embrey as well as another little girl named Nadelyn who are still in Guatemala. Please pray that they will soon be home. Please continue to pray for all of those children who still remain in Guatemala waiting to come home to their forever families.
Please continue to pray for Abby Riggs as well.






5 comments:
Thanks for the update. What a precious family you have :). Have a good week!
Emily
What a wonderful update!!!! Lately, our adoption talk has turned to adopting a 3 or 4 year old for our last. Reading your posts really give me hope that we will be making the right decision!
Seriously, I do not know why boys wrestle!!! I guess it is one of the great mysteries of life!!!! I've asked Toby for insight in this matter and his response is, "It's just boys!" Now that answers a lot, doesn't it?
Kayla
I was so happy to read your update! I'm glad things are going so well. All of the pictures are GREAT!
What a beautiful family! Glad you are getting settled in your routine. Can't wait to get one of those tackle hugs from Otoniel!
Dawn
We are so glad that normal has returned to your house...even though, you know, normal is often chaotic! It warms our hearts that Otoniel is home with his family.
Post a Comment